Guide to commercial yacht registration
The Small and the Large Yacht Safety Code (the Codes) are adopted by the San Marino Maritime Navigation Authority in reference to national Maritime Law 120/2019.
In principle, ships registered in San Marino as small or large commercial yachts are required to comply with all applicable international conventions. However, the Administration recognises that yachts engaged in trade constitute a separate category, some regulations prescribed by the international conventions have been found to be difficult to apply, and potentially conflicting with the safety of operations.
The SM MNA notifies the International Maritime Organisation of the Codes and its application to pleasure Yachts engaged in trade as an equivalent arrangement under the provisions of:
– Article 8 of the International Convention on Load Lines, 1966;
– Regulation 5, Chapter I of the International Convention on the Safety of Life at Sea;
– Article 9 of the International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification, and watchkeeping for Seafarers 1978, as amended.
Designers and builders of new yachts will need to pay special regard to the intended area of operation and the working conditions to which a yacht will be subjected when selecting the materials and equipment to be used in its construction. The builder, repairer, owner or managing agent of a yacht, as appropriate, should take all reasonable measures to ensure that a material or appliance fitted, comply with the requirements of the Codes. Where the manufacture of specific equipment is required by the Codes to comply with recognised national or international standard, the Administration may accept existing equipment, provided it can be demonstrated that the specifications or technical descriptions of the equipment provide the equivalent level of safety, suitability, and fitness for purpose. Such equipment, when replaced, shall be to the standard required by the Codes.
The San Marino Yacht Safety Codes applies to motor or sailing yachts, as follow:
• The San Marino Small Yacht Safety Code applies to motor or sailing yachts of less than 24 metres in load line length, which at the time of registration are engaged in navigation, do not carry more than 12 passengers, and do not carry any cargo.
• The San Marino Large Yacht Safety Code applies to motor or sailing yachts equal to or above 24 metres in load line length1, which at the time of registration are engaged in navigation, do not carry more than 12 passengers, and do not carry any cargo.
Moreover, compliance with the codes is also required, as far as practicable and reasonable, on pleasure yachts not engaged in trade (in private use).
The Codes applies to both monohull and multihull yachts.
The Codes are effective from 1st January 2021.
SAN MARINO COMMERCIAL YACHT REGISTRATION – STRENGHS
• An efficient registration process.
• An Innovative and modern Commercial Yacht Safety Codes
• 48 hours delivery to all Registration and Services Inquired
• e-Certificates for Commercial Yacht and Crew Documentation Services
• Most Competitive Fees in the Market Without Hidden Charges
• No limitation to Foreign Qualified Ownership and Crew
• Worldwide registration network.
• Global network of Flag State Inspectors.
For more info, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or download the document: